Our Head Chef, Simon, strives on creating dishes using seasonal ingredients for our menus. With the long Easter weekend nearly here, Simon loves nothing more than baking delicious puds that are just perfect for those large family get togethers.
He has even decided to share one of his favourite recipes with us and it’s a great (yet super simple) one to try over the bank holiday…
Hot Cross Bun & Marmalade Pudding
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1/2 pint double cream
- 1/2 pint milk
- Tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g marmalade
- 4 hot cross buns
- Cut hot cross buns in half and spread with butter & marmalade
- Mix all the other ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Lay half the buns in a baking dish (greased with butter) and pour over half the mixture
- Make a second layer by repeating this with the rest of the ingredients
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 170°C
Serve in pudding bowls and serve with warm custard! ENJOY!
Remember to book a table with us at The Red Lion to sample even more of Head Chef Simon’s homemade treats.